AVAILABILITY + INQUIRIES
Book Your Stay
Please submit an inquiry below to receive a custom email quote for your stay.
House Rules + FAQs
Know Before Booking
Our goal as hosts is to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. Please review the following house rules to ensure our home best fits your expectations:
- We do not allow smoking indoors or outdoors. This no-tolerance policy extends outside the property because of extreme wildfire hazards in Colorado’s high-altitude terrain.
- We do not allow unreasonably loud outdoor music or disruptive partying. We do have neighbors, and we expect our guests to respect their solitude.
- Guests may not host events or gatherings at the property.
- There is no cable television. If you wish to watch live sports, this is not the right place for you. We do have a DVD player with mostly kids’ movies.
- We offer the best satellite Internet we can buy, but it is not high speed. Video streaming is not reliable. If you seek a place to work remotely or do virtual schooling, our home can support *some* connectivity. Be prepared to adapt.
- Cell service has improved, but can still be spotty.
The Wolf Den is located in remote Twin Lakes, Colorado. The nearest town, Leadville, is a 25-minute drive from the Den. Other nearby towns include Buena Vista and Salida. Please note that Aspen is *only* accessible from Twin Lakes via the scenic Independence Pass during the summer. The pass closes in winter. We recommend guests drive 4WD/AWD vehicles during the winter.
The Wolf Den is dog-friendly with a $175 pet fee. Guest may bring up to two dogs. No other pets, such as cats, are permitted. Sorry!
We frequently receive requests to host weddings and events at our property—what a compliment! We once hosted larger celebrations, but no longer allow events at our property. We do, however, permit guests to host occasional elopements or “micro-weddings” *if* remaining within our maximum capacity limits of 10. In addition to the occupancy restrictions, we do not allow unreasonably loud outdoor music. Please note in the comment section of your inquiry if you wish to host an elopement during your stay, and Gretchen will provide further details.
To reserve dates, 50 percent of the total reservation is due at the time of booking. This deposit is 100 percent refundable until 15 days prior to your stay, at which time the remaining 50 percent is due. We do not offer refunds 14 days or less prior to your stay, unless you or anyone in your party experiences COVID-19 symptoms, a positive COVID-19 test or travel restrictions affect your journey. We will fully refund reservations impacted by COVID-19 or will honor your nightly rate when rebooking your stay at a later date.
Please do not travel if you or anyone in your party experiences COVID-19 symptoms or has had a positive COVID-19 test within 15 days of your stay. Help stop the spread and keep our small community healthy.